How to transfer your files and contacts from an old phone to a new phone
Published: 18 January 2021
When buying a new phone the first thing you often have to do is transfer your files to your shiny brand new phone. But how can you do this easily? Fear not! There are several pain-free ways to do this depending on what type of phone you have:
Instructions: How to transfer your files and contacts from an old phone to your new Android phone
How to transfer your files and contacts from an old phone to your new Android phone
- First of all, download the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app from the Play Store on your new phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.easyMover&hl=en_GB&gl=US
- Once Samsung Smart Switch Mobile is installed on your new phone, open up the app.
- Follow the instructions on screen. Because you are on your new phone, you will want to tell the app that you wish to receive data from your old phone.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to receive the data from your old phone.
- If you're having any trouble, here is a visual walkthrough of the steps to take depending on the phone you have:
Instructions: How to transfer your files and contacts from an old phone to your new iPhone
How to transfer your files and contacts from an old phone to your new iPhone
1. Before you begin
- On your old device, make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Plug your new iOS device and your old device into power.
- Make sure that the content you're moving, including what's on your external Micro SD card, will fit on your new iOS device
2. Choose which device you are moving from in the Apps & Data screen
While you set up your new iOS device, look for the Apps & Data screen.
- If you are moving from an Android phone then tap Move Data from Android.
- If you are moving from an iPhone then tap any of the other options depending on your preference.
(If you've already finished setup, you need to erase your iOS device and start again. If you don't want to erase, just transfer your content manually.)
3. Follow the instructions to finish
Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the data from your old device to your new iPhone.
commentAdd a comment